Back To All Jobs Sr. Blockchain Engineer - Relay
SF, NY, CH, Remote
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, focus on the needs of our customers; and create products that are easy to use.
Paradex is a "relayer" that allows users to trade assets from their own wallet without ever having to give up custody of their assets to a third party. We believe that the future will be tokenized - from utility tokens, to video game items, to shares in publicly traded companies and beyond - and we want Paradex to help enable this open and inclusive economy by building the most intuitive and frictionless services for our users.
As a blockchain engineer for Paradex you'll be focused on finding seamless ways to integrate with other projects, chains, and protocols in order to help us achieve our goal of serving the extensive needs of finance 2.0. You'll stay up to date with the latest in scaling research, help design sound systems that eliminate problems like "griefing" and front-running, paving the way to enable the trading of thousands of tokens without sacrificing security or UX.Responsibilities
- Write smart contracts that work with and support our existing settlement layer.
- Integrate Paradex front end and back end components with new contracts and Ethereum services.
- Stay up to date with the latest projects and research in this space, and design integration plans.
- Take ownership in helping us achieve our goal of enabling the token economy.
- Communicate efficiently within our team, and with other teams at Coinbase.
- Strong, well-rounded general technical skills.
- Experience with Ethereum smart contract development.
- Understanding of current Ethereum scaling solutions and proposals.
- Excellent communication skills.
A little about our team: We are a remote team but deeply collaborative. As such, we place an emphasis on clear communication. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.