Back To All Jobs Control Associate
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
Coinbase is currently looking for a Controls Associate who will work closely with Internal Audit and Finance stakeholders to design, implement and manage controls that adequately address financial risk and improve operating effectiveness of the Finance function. In addition, this role will also play a key part in interfacing with our external auditors for controls testing. Responsibilities:
- Drive day-to-day operations of one or more projects to include the following: scoping, preparation and execution of approved project plans, facilitation of project stakeholders, and deliverable tracking to drive successful implementation of business processes
- Develop business requirements documents, collaborate with technical resources and the finance product management organization to build and implement solutions.
- Implement controls that mitigate business risk, and ensure accurate/complete financial reporting.
- Review, design and document financial processes; align operational / business processes to support end to end accounting procedures and systems.
- Prepare root cause and gap analyses for current state financial processes to support the launch of new initiatives, as well as continuous monitoring and improvement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3+ years of accounting/finance, project management, and business process experience
- Experience working with multiple company/industry environments preferred
- Deep understanding of business operations, specifically accounting and finance
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Experience mapping data flows and building system requirements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data required.
- Proven ability to design and flowchart end-to-end financial processes. Experience with Visio, Lucidchart or similar program preferred
- Experience auditing, implementing, or operating in a SOX effective environment
- Experience working in a startup or high growth environment
- Detail oriented, organized, proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Month-end close experience a plus