We are seeking a driven, proactive, and highly-experienced PostgreSQL Database Programmer/Administrator. You will plan, install, and maintain database systems to ensure the integrity and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic binary options trading platform. This also includes writing and reviewing code for the database systems.
Your skills and motivations
You have extensive experience with relational databases, and enjoy working with databases, servers, and APIs.
You are smart, self-motivated, and proactive. You thrive in a dynamic work environment, and approach even the smallest task with an open mind.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
- Test and fix things, especially when it involves working with data.
- Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same.
- Work with highly talented people in an exciting, multinational environment.
- Get things done in a no-nonsense manner.
- Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy.
- Have the latest tools and technologies at their disposal.
- Learn and improve, day in and day out.
To excel in this role, you must have:
- Experience as a Postgres DBA, with advanced hands-on knowledge of
- Database Setup,
- Performance Tuning,
- Disaster Recovery,
- Stored Procedures
- Experience with database testing tools such as pgTAP
- Experience with data extraction and reporting for data warehouse/cube
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as Shell scripting is preferred
- Knowledge of scripting language and Perl in particular is a plus
- Experience with Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) is an advantage
Binary.com’s IT team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of our high-traffic networks. As our PostgreSQL Database Administrator, you will plan, implement, and manage the database systems that are essential to the architecture of our high-traffic binary options trading platform.
- Plan, install, and configure world-class database systems that meet business objectives and the needs of end users
- Assist backend developers in writing production-ready SQL code
- Plan and carry out the upgrade and migration of databases as needed
- Develop, implement, and test database backup and recovery plans
- Manage database security by controlling access to data through authentication, authorisation, and auditing
- Perform tests to ensure database performance and security, as well as data integrity
- Document and administer database policies, procedures, and standards
- Plan and execute data extraction for efficient loading in data warehouse, and ensure extracted data is useful and properly formatted
- Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing database systems, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits. You will also receive travel and Internet allowances.
You will enjoy a casual dress code and flexi hours. You also have the freedom to select your preferred tools and systems.
We will also assist you with your work permit, and relocation for your family.