We need a talented DevOps Engineer to take care of our software delivery with a strong focus on improving user experience.
What we do
Binary Group Services Sdn. Bhd. is the operational headquarters for Binary.com, the award-winning binary options trading platform. Founded in 1999, Binary.com has over one million amazing clients around the globe. Read more about Binary.com.
Who we are
A vibrant and progressive team that thrives on:
- High personal integrity
- Cultural and gender diversity
Who we’re looking for
You should be passionate about:
- Focusing on customers’ needs in everything that you do.
- Approaching even the smallest task with an open mind.
- Learning new skills and open to new challenges.
- Constant, open and honest communication.
- Fixing problems and providing feedback for improvement.
- Doing great work and inspiring others to do the same.
- Challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding and using a variety of the latest open source technologies and tools.
We need you to:
- Collaborate with a team of world-class, Linux-based DevOps engineers.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to understand the big picture of the organisation and its goals
- Translate the ongoing business needs of the company into a suitable IT infrastructure.
- Monitor hardware and software deployment, including our worldwide network of servers.
- Ensure systems are intact by running tests at all stages from development to deployment
- Oversee incident responses for our production servers.
- Take necessary measures to enhance IT operations to reach the best outcomes for the company and our clients.
- Prioritise security, carry out intrusion detection, DDoS protection, and PCI compliance measures for each deployed server.
- Conduct disaster and recovery planning, as well as their execution.
- Implement automation technology and tools (Chef, etc.).
- Keep our infrastructure up-to-date with current cutting edge developments.
- Simplify the overall operating environment to ensure continuous effective delivery.
You must have:
- Expertise in cloud solutions and virtualization infrastructure, including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and KVM
- Experience with Linux and open-source applications such as rsyslog, DHCP, iptables, Postfix, NGINX, and initialization systems such as systemd and SysVinit
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking, Firewalls and VPNs
- Knowledge of hardware and software firewalls, intrusion detection methods, security systems, and DDoS protection
- Thorough knowledge of bash scripting
- Experience in Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar configuration management tools
- Experience in site reliability engineering (SRE)
- Experience in managing round-the-clock operations for incident resolution, including alerts, rotations, and escalations
- Experience in designing and working with high-availability web service architecture
- Experience in application containerization
- Knowledge in database administration (preferably PostgresSQL)
If you have the following, it’s a plus:
- Extensive knowledge of information security and data protection
- Experience with Perl
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with compliance to industry accepted IS standards
- Experience in hardening Linux systems
- Experience in documentation of processes and incidents
- Experience in Continuous Integration tools like Travis-CI, CircleCI, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in Version Control software (like Git)
- Knowledge of Windows Server Administration (IIS, MS-SQL)
Perks and benefits
You will enjoy:
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Flexi hours
- Travel and internet allowances
Cyberjaya, Malaysia is a well-planned township with no shortage of residences, restaurants, retail outlets and recreational facilities. Blending urban development with nature, Cyberjaya is rich with lush greenery, lakes and parks, making it ideal for work and play. Thirty minutes away from KL city centre, our Cyberjaya office is where you can experience the ultimate work-life balance.