We need a talented DevOps Engineer to take care of our software delivery with a strong focus on improving user experience.
Who we are
A vibrant and progressive team that thrives on:
- High personal integrity
- Cultural and gender diversity
Who we’re looking for
You should be passionate about:
- Focusing on customers’ needs in everything that you do.
- Approaching even the smallest task with an open mind.
- Learning new skills and open to new challenges.
- Constant, open and honest communication.
- Fixing problems and providing feedback for improvement.
- Doing great work and inspiring others to do the same.
- Challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding and using a variety of the latest open source technologies and tools.
We need you to:
- Collaborate with a team of world-class, Linux-based DevOps engineers.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to understand the big picture of the organisation and its goals
- Translate the ongoing business needs of the company into a suitable IT infrastructure.
- Monitor hardware and software deployment, including our worldwide network of servers.
- Ensure systems are intact by running tests at all stages from development to deployment
- Oversee incident responses for our production servers.
- Take necessary measures to enhance IT operations to reach the best outcomes for the company and our clients.
- Prioritise security, carry out intrusion detection, DDoS protection, and PCI compliance measures for each deployed server.
- Conduct disaster and recovery planning, as well as their execution.
- Implement automation technology and tools (Chef, etc.).
- Keep our infrastructure up-to-date with current cutting edge developments.
- Simplify the overall operating environment to ensure continuous effective delivery.
You must have:
- Expertise in cloud solutions and virtualization infrastructure, including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and KVM
- Experience with Linux and open-source applications such as rsyslog, DHCP, iptables, Postfix, NGINX, and initialization systems such as systemd and SysVinit
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking, Firewalls and VPNs
- Knowledge of hardware and software firewalls, intrusion detection methods, security systems, and DDoS protection
- Thorough knowledge of bash scripting
- Experience in Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar configuration management tools
- Experience in site reliability engineering (SRE)
- Experience in managing round-the-clock operations for incident resolution, including alerts, rotations, and escalations
- Experience in designing and working with high-availability web service architecture
- Experience in application containerization
- Knowledge in database administration (preferably PostgresSQL)
If you have the following, it’s a plus:
- Extensive knowledge of information security and data protection
- Experience with Perl
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with compliance to industry accepted IS standards
- Experience in hardening Linux systems
- Experience in documentation of processes and incidents
- Experience in Continuous Integration tools like Travis-CI, CircleCI, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in Version Control software (like Git)
- Knowledge of Windows Server Administration (IIS, MS-SQL)
Perks and benefits
You will enjoy:
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Flexi hours
- Travel and internet allowances