Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking to add a Data Scientist / Analyst to our Growth Team as we expand our tens of millions of users into the hundreds across our web, and mobile properties. This role will support mapping top funnel insights and in-product usage to deploy experiments that delight our users and drive meaningful engagement.
You will strategically analyse and produce value-added insight from our unique datasets to support the continued growth of Blockchain, and communicate it effectively to the broader organisation. This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be ambitious, bold and to rapidly iterate to solve some of the most challenging problems in the cryptocurrency space. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Apply statistical techniques to complex data sets to understand our users across geographies and their engagement across our platforms.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns and provide ongoing reports and data visualisations, in order to make recommendations to the wider business.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external business partners to ensure accurate collection and logging of data needed to provide insights on user engagement and help drive business decisions.
- Analyze performance of marketing campaigns and customer referral programs.
- Build data pipelines that import traffic data on a daily basis.
- Deploy machine learning models for email targeting, content recommendation algorithms, delivery & targeting infrastructure, and the in-product notification experience across iOS, Android and Web.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Passion for data exploration as it applies to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- Familiarity with data automation tools and ability to write queries to solve complex data challenges.
- Ability to rapidly iterate on experiments based on data insights .
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Experience automating growth workflows.
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Experience working with data tools - R, python, or equivalent, SQL databases, Java.
- Quantitative degree - computer science, engineering mathematics, economics or physics or psychology.
- Bonus for experience working on attribution models.
- Bonus if you can write production-level code for the pipeline.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch), New York (SoHo) or San Francisco (Soma).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York and San Francisco Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).