VP of Engineering - San Francisco, CA - Full Time - (T822N)
Job Title: VP of Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA
Experience: 10+ year leadership experience
Type: Full Time
Sponsorship: Yes H1b
Salary: $340K - $400K / Year
Other compensation: Equity
Job ID: T822N
Blockchain Developers, Inc., the leading blockchain recruiting agency, is seeking a VP of Engineering. Our client has built one of the fastest (currently 120K Transactions Per Second (TPS)) blockchain solutions in the world. The system will eventually scale to over 1 Million TPS. Our client’s system will make alternative stablecoins look like kids’ toys in comparison.
This hot FinTech start-up has an opening for a VP of Engineering, reporting directly to the CEO. We are looking for a proven leader who has the ability to manage the developers, QA and documentation. Fintech/payments expertise HIGHLY desirable.
If you are confident and excited about helping shape our client’s vision and business, this could be the job for you!
- Build and lead a world-class Engineering organization that delivers a quality product that exceeds customer expectations.
- Embrace, grow and promote the Engineering team’s diversity of skills.
- In partnership with the CEO and COO, and in response to customer needs, define and drive the strategic technical direction of the company.
- Understand the business goals of the company and orient the development of the team to support those goals.
- Create product roadmaps and team with Product Management, CEO and COO on future product enhancements and their placement in the product roadmap.
- Parent the product / technology’s overall advances to accommodate future features and capabilities while maintaining architectural integrity and adaptability.
- 10+ years leadership experience
- Proven ability inspiring, motivating and growing small, early-stage engineering teams (Engineers and Architects) that deliver quality product, on-time and on-budget
- Thorough understanding of security principles; what it takes to secure data, and how to communicate security concepts to customers and stakeholders
- Strong track record of being able to develop and set release plans, track deadlines, deliverable, resource allocations, issues / risks and create mitigation strategies as needed to deliver quality product on time
- Experience in global FinTech, payments, and/or banking environment
- Experience with consumer products
- Experience developing systems for a high transaction-processing environment
- Management courage – ability to speak your mind, backed with data
- Experience in a start-up or high-growth company
- Knowledge and experience with front end, backend, architecture, networking, and other computer science principles
- Technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering; advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA)