Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering Excellence to provide and manage tools and best practices that drive engineering excellence within our fast growing Engineering organization. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- This is a big job - you will be responsible for all aspects of the Blockchain development environment - tooling, automation, environments and dashboards - to support mobile, web and platform engineering. Your goal will be to drive continual, measurable increases in the velocity, quality and capabilities of the entire engineering team.
- You will work closely with other engineering and SRE leaders across multiple offices to drive innovation in software development, and help define the technical roadmap. You will evaluate, deploy and manage best-in-market development tools and environments, and create and maintain innovative engineering processes that drive a test-driven engineering culture
- As an engineering leader and manager at Blockchain you will be responsible for ensuring proper planning and delivery of complex projects, setting clear goals for your team, delivering timely feedback and rewards,, and helping recruit great engineers.
- Grow, manage, and lead a team focused on test automation frameworks, engineering tools, and dashboards. Make appropriate trade-offs to deliver velocity, quality, timely delivery and security at scale.
- Participate in technical discussions, help make technical decisions, and represent engineering to other disciplines within the company.
- Fintech and/or crypto experience preferred.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Experience with software development at scale, software development tools, test automation and modern software development practices..
- Knowledge of software testing process, methodology, and best practices in driving increased productivity within engineering organizations.
- Engineering management experience with a track record of building and leading productive, high functioning, distributed teams.
- Active participation in a team's career development, having managed engineers and manager's performance with proper mentorship and coaching.
- The highest of standards regarding security practices and a desire to mentor your team on keeping our user base of 23M users safe.
- Desire to foster a hardworking, collaborative and creative team culture in one of the most challenging and dynamic industries in tech.
- Note: this is not a "scrum master/agile coach" job - this is an opportunity to build a world-class engineering infrastructure to support a world-class engineering organization.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Great office location in Shoreditch (London).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Apple Equipment.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).