Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Data Center System Administrator to join our SRE team in London. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Design, develop and manage our data centers architecture: servers, storage, networks.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot our servers, storage, network appliances.
- Automate management and deployment of our data centers resources.
- Optimize existing systems for scalability and build large-scale infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the high availability and proper operations of our data centers.
- Use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Work on web-scale monitoring systems.
- Work in close collaboration with developers.
- Participate in an on-call rota
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Strong background in Network Operations.
- You have a passion for learning new technologies.
- You believe that communication/collaboration is one of the most important points in SRE culture.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (knowledge of Go / Java is a plus).
- Good knowledge of best practices for data centers
- Good knowledge of virtualization frameworks (Mesos, Openstack, Kubernetes)
- Bonus: Experience working with, or knowledge of, the bitcoin protocol.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch) and New York (SoHo).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favorite GIF