Back To All Jobs GiveCrypto.org Executive Director
GiveCrypto.org is a San Francisco based nonprofit that distributes cryptocurrency to people living in poverty. Two billion people have a cell phone today, but don't have access to a bank account or credit card. With cryptocurrency we can now help anyone with a smartphone connect into the global economy.
The goals behind GiveCrypto.org are to (1) help people in need by sending money to them directly (2) spark real world usage of cryptocurrency and (3) provide universal access to an open financial system. To do this we are raising a large nonprofit evergreen fund with proceeds going to direct cash transfers to people living in poverty. Responsibilities:
- Raise a $250M cryptocurrency evergreen fund
- Hire a team including engineering, finance, and operations roles
- Distribute crypto payments to at least 10,000 individuals in need
- Set clear objectives and key results for the organization, publishing them both internally and externally
- Test different distribution strategies, including creating a dapp and working with partners
- Market GiveCrypto as the public face of the organization via talks, blog posts, and press interviews
- For-profit experience hiring and managing a team
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience building and shipping technology products
- Fundraising experience
- Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with nonprofits or poverty alleviation work
*Please Note: This role is not a position at Coinbase. GiveCrypto.org is a separate organization. We're using the applicant tracking system here because it was the simplest way to get started accepting applications quickly. Thank you.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.