We are looking for a Senior Engineer, familiar working with Blockchain to take responsibility for developing cutting edge wallet applications.
Through Fintricity, our core consulting brand, Fintricity Group (FG) has been at the forefront of technology and digital transformation for over 15 years, most recently with a focus on bringing innovation to leading brands through expertise in big data, analytics and technologies (such as blockchain and IoT) that are transforming operations, products, services, business models and sectors. Pivoting to a blockchain services and venture firm, Fintricity Group is working on a range of exciting new projects and ventures to build new decentralised business models, technology platforms and disrupt and transform multiple industries.
At Fintricity you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. Fintricity’s Technology Team is organised in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools.
What you’ll be doing:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at Fintricity means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being a strong communicator, passionate, entrepreneurial and innovative about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you?
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
We are looking for a Software Engineer, familiar working with Blockchain to take responsibility for developing cutting edge wallet applications.
- Responsible for the development of new Ethereum based solutions as well as Solidity smart contracts.
- Create tests to accompany produced code.
- Write code with security and resiliency in mind.
- Contribute to and work within Agile and DevOps frameworks.
- Work in partnership with Web Services and User Interface developers.
- Develop in alignment with overall architecture design.
- Assist in incident and problem resolution as appropriate.
What you'll need
- Understanding of Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum.
- At least 6-12 months experience delivering/creating POCs or working on established programmes to deliver DLT innovation in a business domain.
- Experience of developing Ethereum smart contracts written in Solidity.
- Experience of working in Agile projects with highly automated DevOps.
- Experience in modern test techniques such as Test, Behaviour & Acceptance Testing Driven Development (TDD, BDD & ATDD).
- Experience of developing highly secure and resilient code.
- Experience of collaborating with User Interface developers.
- Interest in blockchain and enthusiasm for working in a space full of unknown unknowns, pivoting as needed, and being comfortable with not knowing the end state is a must.
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organisation competencies are required.
Additional desirable experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Banking technology experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of full-stack development, especially with Angular and Node, is an advantage.
- Experience in REST and RESTful APIs.
- Experience of incident and problem resolution in production environments.
- Experience of collaborating with Web Services developers, and UX and UI designers.
Diversity & Inclusion
Fintricity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our unique organisation.