As Community Manager for the Goguen Testnet, you’ll be responsible for supporting community user experience who will directly or indirectly use Smart Contracts, a feature that is integral to the third-generation blockchain protocol, Cardano. We need a strategically-minded and relationship-oriented individual to help harness all of this positive energy into focused activity and increased engagement. You will operate, expand, and give strategic direction to our users and serve as the gateway between our product management team and the wider community.
As a super user of Smart Contracts including Testnet era KEVM and IELE Virtual Machines, you will build communication channels and relationships with those influencers to help facilitate understanding of features, identify change requests and drive adoption. Importantly, you will guide and maintain the evolution of the Testnet helping to implement and gather requirements based on community feedback to help IOHK prepare Smart Contract functionality for formal launch.
The ideal candidate will be a tech-savvy and analytical professional who can measure the efficacy of our efforts, constantly tweaking and improving our processes. This will include prioritising the Testnet support needs in concert with the core Goguen Smart Contracts project team and managing the interface channels between IOHK and the Testnet communities. You are eager to experiment with changing developer, consumer and enterprise consumer consumption patterns, and you pay detailed attention to over measuring and improving our community outreach initiative through tools like StackExchange and Reddit through to video presentations and supporting meetups – all essential tools to build familiarity with our communities. As part of the Marketing team, you will work alongside other Community Managers driving complementary Cardano Testnets as well as super users of the Cardano and Daedalus platforms.
- Establish, manage and evolve a direct Cardano and Goguen specific Testnet community forum incorporating StackExchange / Reddit channels.
- Craft and execute a community moderation policy and moderate all user-generated content accordingly for each community.
- Build and leverage outreach channels including use of but not limited to meetups, webinars, videos, blogs and social in partnership with Communications, Product Marketing and Events teams.
- Implement the online community strategy, coordinating with key stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness and providing quality customer service and support to our community.
- Build synergy and momentum with influencers and communities worldwide.
- Seek out, recruit and work closely with Cardano Ambassadors to broaden appeal and knowledge transfer to increase adoption of developers / users of Cardano and Smart Contracts.
- Review and analyse key business metrics, take note of trends, escalate issues and keep executive stakeholders informed of progress and/or roadblocks.
- Translate user feedback into concrete product ideas.
- Identify and prioritise developer and user content needs to support Testnet engagement and evolution in concert with Technical Writers and Product Marketing / Product Management.
- Be the point contact for Goguen Testnet community engagement and work with Technical Support and Project team to prioritise community flagged bugs, issues, knowledge gaps and training needs.
- Support Product Management and Business Analysts with feature requests, UI and UX inputs, surveys, pulse of community insights.
- Support IOHK Partners / alliances with cross community engagement.
- Work with the Goguen project team to ensure the community platform is up to date and functional, as well as direct the roadmap by collecting user feedback.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong technology background with at least 10 years of B2B or enterprise experience across hardware/software.
- 2-3 years of working with developer-focused events and communities.
- An innate understanding of developer communities and what excites them.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively to audiences with varying levels of understanding using Smart Contracts.
- Experience planning and hosting in-person events and meetups to hit strategic goals.
- Ability to gracefully navigate, listen, synthesize, influence, deescalate and re-route issues across the organization.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure -- always representing IOHK in a respectable way.
- Work well independently and remotely.
- Problem solver who seeks sustainable solutions versus isolated fixes.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
- Travel as required to community events worldwide.