The Open Enterprise Logistics (OEL) Foundation (https://oel.foundation/) is a non-profit organization providing governance and resources for the development of the OEL blockchain ecosystem. The OEL ecosystem comprises the open-source OEL Enterprise Architecture, OPN Token and members of the OEL Alliance. A global initiative headquartered in Hong Kong, the Foundation promotes innovative blockchain technologies for enterprise logistics applications.
OEL are looking to hire a Head of Software Development, employed in Hong Kong.
Reports to the OEL CTO and has multiple reports in Hong Kong and the Philippines.
Scope of Role
To lead and manage a team of software developers developing next generation blockchain-based solutions for the global supply chain industry.
To represent OEL within the industry as an authority on blockchain-based applications and technologies on external publications, forums and events.
· To lead, manage and mentor a team of software developers
· To translate functional specifications into software solutions using Agile
· To help drive the strategic direction of products and services
· To assess new technologies for potential use in the OEL architecture
· To use best practices for development and continuous deployment
A senior level software developer with technical lead experience. Advanced level knowledge and experience of the following:
1. Development of multitenant web app using e.g. Python/Django
3. Blockchain technology such as Ethereum or Neo.
5. Real-time publish/subscribe messaging and message hubs
6. Integration of real-time data from devices (Internet of Things).
Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence technologies such as natural language processing, multi-agent systems and machine learning will be useful.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, creativity, leading by example, interest in new technologies and their application to real world use cases.