AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It enables customers to launch new products and services by providing institutions enterprise-grade blockchain solutions to digitize assets, launch markets, and reduce operational costs. AlphaPoint has customers across 5 continents with offices in New York, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Position Profile:
Our fast-growing development team is currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join this expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents, manuals and client training material across our multiple product lines. You must be able to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner while working with our development team to ensure accuracy of our product descriptions and guidance on how customers can optimize their system. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Plan, develop, organize and write API Manuals, how-to guides, instruction manuals and procedure documents.
- You will document and write technical specifications on product announcements and client facing release notes.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications.
- Ability to communicate in "Plain English" and extract necessary information from the Product Management team and development personnel, to create technical guidelines and specifications that can be used by new hires and customers.
- Create flowchart or architectural diagrams. Document other development life-cycle activities.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience in Technical writing within development organization.
- Experience working with API's is required.
- Knowledge of Blockchain, cryptocurrency and/or experience working in a Financial Technology Company is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with HTML, JIRA/Confluence and document management systems is essential
- Must have demonstratable experience communicating and extracting the necessary information from business and development personnel, to create technical specifications.
- Expert in using multiple types of documents; PDF, Word, Markdown files.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- killed at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills