Back To All Jobs Managing Director, Institutional Coverage
New York, NY
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making cryptocurrency accessible to everyone and are guided by two key principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
The Coinbase Institutional Coverage group plays a critical role in achieving that vision. As public blockchains create an open financial system for the world, institutional investors will need a place to discover, access, and exchange cryptocurrency. We are focused on building the most trusted and secure cryptocurrency custodian, exchange, and prime broker for institutions. These clients will bring additional capital and liquidity to the industry, ultimately enabling more people to participate in the open financial system.
This is where you come in - we are looking for someone to lead the Institutional Coverage group. You will build and scale a cross-functional team to bring Coinbase's suite of institutional products to market. You will design, implement, and manage processes that allow the business to smoothly scale, creating the most trusted cryptocurrency custodian, exchange, and prime broker for institutions. If you're excited about bringing a new asset class to the financial world, we want you to help lead our team.
A little about us: we are a cross-functional, product-driven organization that is dedicated to building the premier suite of institutional services. We value positive energy, continuous learning, efficient execution, and clear communication and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds. Responsibilities
- Build and lead a cross-functional team that provides sales, trading, research, client services, and risk management services to a global institutional investor client base.
- Set and achieve quarterly goals that measure the satisfaction of clients, health of the business, and happiness of the team.
- Represent Coinbase to institutional investors, financial service firms, U.S. regulators, and the cryptocurrency community.
- Develop and manage client relationships by offering a comprehensive suite of coverage services that meet the needs of institutional investors.
- Partner with Engineering to incorporate client feedback into the product development process.
- Work closely with leaders in functions such as legal, compliance, support, operations, and risk to operate a trusted and reliable business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 15+ years serving institutional clients in multiple functions such as sales, trading, research, client services, prime brokerage, and general management.
- Leadership experience at a registered Broker/Dealer, including Series 7, 24, and 63 FINRA licenses.
- Series 16 or 87 FINRA license also required.
- Ability to introduce disruptive, new technologies to a global client base.
- Experience leading teams through various environments, including hyper-growth and dynamic market conditions.
- Experience working across one or more asset classes such as equities, FX, commodities, and equity derivatives.
- Strong relationship development, strategic analysis, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a demonstrated passion for the cryptocurrency market.