Back To All Jobs Infrastructure Engineer
Infrastructure is not a back office function at Coinbase. It is a product that we hold to the same quality standards as any other that we ship (in our case, with internal and open source customers). Developer productivity and happiness is our goal. We've built some of the most secure, dockerized infrastructure running in the cloud and consider DevOps & automation a competitive advantage for the company. We're growing our team to continue protecting and scaling Coinbase's infrastructure while furthering our mission of making payments more open and efficient around the world.Responsibilities
- Scaling the persistent tiers that power a 12 factor, containerized micro-service architecture
- Providing durable and optimized storage services for internal applications
- Ensuring high availability across all backing services with well exercised disaster recovery plans
- Provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access production infrastructure
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Balancing security and usability with novel approaches to isolation and access
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale production systems
- Experience with backend development
- Hands-on coding ability
- Interest or passion for building solid, scalable infrastructure
What to send
- Experience using Amazon Web Services, Kinesis, Postgres, MongoDB and Redis.
- Experience with host, network and account security in a VPC
- Experience deploying, integrating & securing service discovery
- Experience with immutable infrastructure
- Links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow or something awesome that you've built
- A brief answer to the following question: What have built that you're most proud of?
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
In case you are wondering what technologies run behind Coinbase, we're powered by a combination of AWS, CoreOS, Docker, Etcd, Kinesis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ELK, Ruby and Node.js. Prior experience with these exact languages/technologies is not required.