Gem is a cryptocurrency and blockchain startup based in Venice Beach. Our mission is to empower individuals to take full control of their wealth, to benefit from the value of their own data, and to experience the collective power of the decentralized movement spreading globally today.
Check out the trailer for our new app coming out this summer, as well as hear from our CEO on his vision for the product.
Gem's Product Designer will work with Product and Engineering teams to create elegant cross-platform experiences. At Gem, one of our core values is Craft an Experience, which all starts with this person dreaming up how to make our products both useful and delightful. We are a design and product focused company looking for an extremely entrepreneurial Designer to innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. This position is full time and based at our Venice office.
What you'll do
- Champion design at Gem and focus on a user-centric approach
- Work with the Chief Product Officer to incorporate the visual identity of Gem into persona driven features
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and specifications
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, user flows, interaction models, and UI specifications to stakeholders
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis to explore the many different approaches to solving a specific user problem
- Concept and execution of creative assets for our marketing, comms, and community to inspire, inform, and captivate consumers
- Work with frontend teams to create reusable design patterns for ease of integration and brand identity
What you'll need
- Minimum 5+ years cross platform design
- Belief that product, brand, and design decisions are inextricably linked
- The commitment to act in the best interest of your users at all times
- Strong proficiency in metrics driven design (conversion mechanics, asking the business why of a feature, etc.)
- Experience in the implementation of atomic design principles and patterns
- Excellent research skills and experience conducting user behavior analysis and structured interviews and taking action based on those signals
- Keen comparative analysis abilities - you find applications of similar utility and are able to understand why they are structured in a certain way based on the goals of that application.
- Ability to work in the USA, excited to work by the beach
Nice to have
- Front end coding experience
- Experience designing consumer applications, products, and services