Back To All Jobs Litigation Counsel
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital currency into the financial mainstream. Our growing legal team is building out its litigation practice. We are seeking an experienced litigation counsel who can handle customer litigation and arbitrations, both US and internationally, in a fast-paced environment, where client service is our center focus. Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute, and continuously assess Coinbase world-wide litigation strategy and tactics
- Join team who receives, tracks, investigates, prepares evidentiary presentation, attempts to settle, and, where necessary, litigates all lawsuits and regulatory investigations filed against Coinbase.
- Proactively evaluate and engage in alternative dispute resolution to reach mutually agreeable resolution when appropriate
- Represent Coinbase in California state courts and, where permitted, other states' small claims courts and before the American Arbitration Association.
- Investigate all litigation filings and regulatory complaints
- Draft and file pleadings and briefs as needed
- Where prudent, engage and manage outside counsel to effectively and efficiently represent Coinbase.
- Manage Coinbase representation in federal courts
- Handle new and unexpected matters and issues as they arise
- Work collegially and supportively with other members of legal team
- Team player essential. We work as a group, organizing as needed for large projects, and quickly pivoting to new issues as they emerge.
- Seven plus years of courtroom experience
- Significant trial and high volume experience in state courts
- Talented resolver of customer disputes and successful mediations
- Proven track record of efficient and successful negotiations, ideally in consumer litigation
- Able to manage expanding litigation practice, using outside counsel strategically and efficiently
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Juris doctorate from accredited law school required.
- Member of California state bar in good standing.
This is a great opportunity to join a company experiencing hyper-growth and apply your litigation skills in the nascent digital currency sector. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.