Back To All Jobs Sr. Software Engineer - Earn.com (iOS)
San Francisco, CA
Our mission at Earn.com is to expand the cryptocurrency economy by enabling anyone to complete paid micro-tasks. We're helping push cryptocurrency past the speculation phase and into the utility phase, where anyone with a phone can have a job.
Since launching Earn.com last year, our community has grown to hundreds of thousands of members who earn cryptocurrency for completing microtasks. This April we were acquired by Coinbase, and with the backing of the most reputable exchange in the world we are growing our team.
Most of the Earn.com community interacts with us on their mobile devices. This fits in to the vision we've had from the start: wherever there is a phone, there is a job. Our mobile usage is continuing to grow as more and more people discover and join the Earn.com community.
We're hiring a Senior iOS Engineer to help build us design, build, and maintain the Earn.com iOS app. It's a React Native app, which allows us to maintain a largely cross-platform codebase without sacrificing user experience or security. You'll work closely with our product and design teams to identify customer needs, and you'll also work cross functionally with engineering and product teams to release and test new features. Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain our iOS app using React Native and the iOS app development ecosystem
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Turn design ideas into features that scale to hundreds of thousands of users
- Collaborate with both the Earn.com and broader Coinbase engineering teams to craft a long term vision for maintaining and scaling the Earn.com mobile app
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
- Write code that is solid, clean, and secure while also remembering that an app is only as good as the user experience
Nice to Haves:
- You have 2+ years of experience developing mobile apps
- You're familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles and have shipped and maintained iOS apps before
- You have experience working in a team with designers and product managers
- You have experience shipping mobile apps to a large user base
- You write modular high quality code with unit and integration tests
- You're comfortable identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks
What to Send:
- You have worked on mobile products with a focus on cryptocurrency, finance, and/or security
- You have experience with React Native, Codepush via AppCenter
- 3+ years experience with iOS
- You're passionate about cryptocurrencies
- Details about yourself: your resume, LinkedIn profile, and/or GitHub
- Link(s) to apps you've released in the iOS app store
We take continuous learning to heart - we're in a rapidly evolving space and every day brings new ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring the best people, giving them what they need, and then getting out of their way so they can do their best work. We value positive energy, clear communication, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. We look forward to hearing from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.