Back To All Jobs Sr. Software Engineer - Earn.com (Frontend)
San Francisco, CA
Our mission at Earn.com is to expand the cryptocurrency economy by enabling anyone to complete paid micro-tasks. We're helping push cryptocurrency past the speculation phase and into the utility phase, where anyone with a phone can have a job.
Since launching Earn.com last year, our community has grown to hundreds of thousands of members who earn cryptocurrency for completing microtasks. This April we were acquired by Coinbase, and with the backing of the most reputable exchange in the world we are growing our team.
We're looking for a talented frontend software engineer to join our team. No matter how good a business might be, design is a linchpin that can truly elevate a user experience. In this role, you'll help raise the bar of what a good crypto UI/UX is. You are driven, self-motivated, and can identify problems in addition to solving them. Responsibilities:
- Build and architect a stable, secure, fast, and pleasant web experience for our users
- Write frontend code that is clear, understandable, and also performant
- Create reusable components that can be used across our entire frontend codebase. Refactor duplicative components into modules
- Add to and maintain our frontend codebase test suite
- Think about how different frontend implementations might impact users and the end user experience, evaluate and make these trade-offs while still moving relatively quickly
- Instrument metrics and error logging, preempt vulnerabilities. Stay on the cusp of the frontend ecosystem, identify tools that work well for us
- Work closely with the decide what features work best to solve business problems
What To Send:
- Experience writing applications with rest patterns and extensive use of asynchronous code
- Experience with component-based design and building modular components that can be used throughout a codebase to increase velocity and ship things quickly
- Think about how to create a great experience to our end users, but also rock-solid secure and do not compromise on security
- Clear communication, commitment to building an inclusive environment for people from every background
- Self-motivated: able to look at a situation and forestall potential future problems.
- Experience with version control in git
- Nice-to-have: familiarity with mocha
- Details about yourself: your resume, LinkedIn profile, and/or GitHub
- Link(s) to products you've worked on in the past
We take continuous learning to heart - we're in a rapidly evolving space and every day brings new ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring the best people, giving them what they need, and then getting out of their way so they can do their best work. We value positive energy, clear communication, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. We look forward to hearing from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.