Back To All Jobs Sr. Software Engineer - Earn.com (Backend)
San Francisco, CA
Our mission at Earn.com is to expand the cryptocurrency economy by enabling anyone to complete paid micro-tasks. We're helping push cryptocurrency past the speculation phase and into the utility phase, where anyone with a phone can have a job.
Since launching Earn.com last year, our community has grown to hundreds of thousands of members who earn cryptocurrency for completing microtasks. This April we were acquired by Coinbase, and with the backing of the most reputable exchange in the world we are growing our team.
As a backend software engineer at Earn.com, you'll be in charge of some of the most significant decisions that impact our customers and overall business. The backend powers all of Earn's products - the web frontend, both mobile apps, and essentially every interaction our community has with us.
The backend team writes code that is readable, secure, performant, and reusable whenever possible. We take reusability to heart and try to refactor techniques that we use in many places into standalone frameworks. You'll work on core features that help our community create tasks, interact with members, and send/receive payments. Responsibilities:
- Architect scalable backend systems, services, and APIs
- Evolve our long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems
- Design high reliability services that can withstand large fluctuations in traffic
- Monitor our backend performance, identify performance bottlenecks, and find ways to reliably resolve them
- Write backend code that is fast, reliable, but also highly secure
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Create backend components for new features while staying mindful of the tradeoffs between building prototypes vs something for the long term
- Maintain and evolve our quickly-growing test suite
- Help create engineering plans & roadmaps
- Create backend integrations with other APIs and web services
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the frontend, product, design, and other teams, on shipping and testing new features
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Have:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You are driven, self-motivated, and can identify/diagnose problems in addition to solving them.
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- 5+ years experience with Python or Ruby
- 3+ years experience with Django or Rails
- Experience with scaling production databases: Postgres, MySQL, and/or MongoDB
What To Send:
- Experience splitting monolithic apps into smaller components
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain
- You've built systems with financial or security constraints.
- Details about yourself: your resume, LinkedIn profile, and/or GitHub
- Link(s) to products you've worked on in the past
We take continuous learning to heart - we're in a rapidly evolving space and every day brings new ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring the best people, giving them what they need, and then getting out of their way so they can do their best work. We value positive energy, clear communication, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. We look forward to hearing from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.