Back To All Jobs Software Engineer - Earn.com (Growth)
San Francisco, CA
Our mission at Earn.com is to expand the cryptocurrency economy by enabling anyone to complete paid micro-tasks. We're helping push cryptocurrency past the speculation phase and into the utility phase, where anyone with a phone can have a job.
Since launching Earn.com last year, our community has grown to hundreds of thousands of members who earn cryptocurrency for completing microtasks. This April we were acquired by Coinbase, and with the backing of the most reputable exchange in the world we are growing our team.
We're looking for an ambitious growth engineer to take on the challenges and opportunities that come with a rapidly growing product and evolving user base. You will design, build, and test new features, run experiments, measure product success, and think about the big picture and what creates a good user experience and drives our business forward. You'll be a part of a fast-growing business in a rapidly-growing space. Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and test new features, thinking critically about what works and what does not.
- Develop, implement, and execute a vision for Earn.com's consumer growth efforts
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Support, Sales, Product, Legal, Management, and other groups to incorporate feedback into product planning
- Prioritize initiatives and execute on them with minimal guidance
- Make sense of both quantitative and qualitative data sources to understand trends, user needs, and areas for improvement
- Identify growth opportunities and run growth experiments
- Help develop go-to-market strategies to understand customer needs, gather feedback, and inform product marketing
- Design and implement tests, understand results, and make recommendations on how we shape the product based on those insights
- Define growth objectives and targets that are in-line with Earn.com and Coinbase's broader metrics
- Explore and analyze datasets by running analyses in Excel and SQL
- Explore existing and new channels to find ways to grow
Nice to Have:
- 3+ years experience building web applications using a modern framework, at least one of these: Django, Rails, Express.js
- 3+ years experience with backend technologies: python or ruby.
- You're a full-stack developer and understand how web applications work across the stack
- You're comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and are self-directed: develop, prioritize, and execute on various growth initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - interface frequently with engineering, product, and design teams
- Experience with SEO, growth marketing, and/or organic customer acquisition strategies
- Familiarity with data analytics and databases: PostgreSQL, Redshift, Looker, Tableau
What to Send:
- Experience analyzing datasets in Looker
- Familiarity with statistics / machine learning
- Prior experience in a product management role
- Prior experience having worked at a startup
- Details about yourself: your resume, LinkedIn profile, and/or GitHub
- Links to products you've worked on / shipped in the past
We take continuous learning to heart - we're in a rapidly evolving space and every day brings new ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring the best people, giving them what they need, and then getting out of their way so they can do their best work. We value positive energy, clear communication, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. We look forward to hearing from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.