Back To All Jobs Sales Trading Manager, NY
New York, NY
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone and are guided by two key principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
As public blockchains create an open financial system for the world, sophisticated traders will need a place to discover, access, and exchange digital assets. We are focused on building the most trusted and secure digital asset exchange for institutions and professional traders. These traders will bring important liquidity to the industry, providing improved price stability and enabling more people to participate in an open financial system.
This is where you come in - we are looking for a well-rounded sales trader competent in the electronic/algorithmic trading space who is also strong at managing risk as well as developing and managing relationships with institutional clients in the U.S. and abroad. If you're excited about bringing a new asset class to the financial world, this is the right team for you.
A little about us: we are a cross-functional, product-driven team dedicated to building the premier digital asset exchange in the world. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds. Responsibilities:
- Drive increased trading volume to Coinbase Prime by understanding institutional clients' liquidity needs, proactively identify ways for high and low touch execution services to meet those needs, and provide client support for execution, liquidity, and market color.
- Lead the design, development, and operations of low touch execution services such as algorithmic orders, auctions, and smart order routing.
- Work closely with clients to meet or exceed benchmarks, develop TCA metrics
- Work with the Sales and Client Services teams to identify, onboard, and monetize new client relationships and proactively identify new business opportunities for Coinbase in the institutional client space.
- Provide market color to institutional clients on market conditions with an emphasis on liquidity and flow thematics. Work hand in hand with the Sales and Research teams to incorporate market color and insights into Coinbase Prime content offerings.
- Maintain a pulse on the sentiment, trading activity, and feedback of the institutional client base and marketplace and keep relevant internal teams informed.
- Work closely with vendors and ISV's based on client demand
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 6+ years of sales trading experience at a sell-side firm serving institutional investors
- Strong understanding of the electronic trading space, including the architecture, strategy, and operations of algorithmic orders, auctions, and smart order routing products.
- Experience working across one or more asset classes such as FX, commodities, equities, and equity derivatives
- Strong data analysis, relationship management, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for trading digital assets such as bitcoin, ether, and litecoin
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to build a business from the ground up
- Series 7, 55, and 63 preferred