Back To All Jobs Director of Product Management, Payments
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easy and delightful to use.
Moving and transacting financial assets safely is core to executing on this. The payments team builds shared infrastructure for Coinbase, GDAX and other business units to securely store and trade billion dollars of assets. We build payments infrastructure that crosses the worlds of cryptography, finance, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems, with a focus on building high reliability services for various Coinbase product teams.
As the Director of Product for Payments, you will lead teams responsible for crypto, fiat, accounting and trading infrastructure for Coinbase. You'll grow the team to meet the needs of a rapidly growing organization, and mentor senior leaders on the team. You will be a champion of product development standards and best practices, and be responsible for communicating a multi-year vision for developing payments infrastructure at Coinbase. Responsibilities
- Develop and execute payments strategy for Coinbase
- Be accountable for Payments product development at the company level and ensure that our business strategy is aligned with product priorities and resources.
- Work with various internal product and engineering leaders to set the strategy, roadmap and goals for the Payments team.
- Hire great product managers to meet the company's growing needs.
- Develop and mentor product leaders, building a positive work environment where people can do their best work.
- Establish trusted relationships with multiple product organizations
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the cryptocurrency landscape and various Coinbase products
- You have 8+ yrs of experience working with engineering teams solving distributed systems problems.
- You are extremely comfortable with complex technical concepts and knowledgeable about current software development best practices
- You've successfully led multi-functional product teams, building products at scale in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- You're a superior written and oral communicator.
- You have proven experience attracting and mentoring great product managers.
- You have consistently forged trusted relationships with multiple internal stakeholders.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that facilitates economic freedom.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You're knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies.
- You have a CS degree or equivalent engineering experience
- You've worked in high security, financial environments.