AlphaPoint is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join their exchange team! This individual will be responsible for designing and developing our distributed-systems products and platforms, which powers leading digital currency trading venues and permissioned blockchain solutions. Our software is built using C#, using custom messaging mechanisms over multiple transport protocols, with customized persistence and storage mechanisms, all optimized for high-volume enterprise-class real-time access-controlled transaction processing. In this position, you will work in every layer of the service tier (transports, messaging, framework, data persistence, business logic, ...) and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains.
As a key member of the software engineering team, you will:
● Be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world-class
industrial-strength distributed-systems software.
● Work with other developers, test engineers, and project managers to
develop and deliver software products and solution implementations.
● Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our trading venue and
blockchain platform product lines.
● Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms.
● Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively deliver high value.
● Analyze, design, code, and test software elements, with an eye for building
functional, performant, scalable, solid production software in a timely manner
● Prepare technical documentation and diagrams.
● Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domains and apply that
knowledge to maximize technology value.
● Assist project and product leaders in making risk-managed planning and release
● Able to demonstrate during an interview setting the ability to work with multi-threading and concurrency
● Able to demonstrate knowledge with microservices and distributed architectures.
● Experience working with low level communications, TCP, UDP, streaming I/O.
● Able to demonstrate a deep knowledge base of Software Testing including Unit, Integration, System and Acceptance.
● Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in an interview setting on writing and interpreting documentation, as well as software/architecture diagrams.
● Able to demonstrate strong knowledge base of CLR, memory management and performance optimization.
● At least 5 years of experience in C#/.NET
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
Able to demonstrate knowledge in Node.JS.
Knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration).
Experience as an engineer within the trading systems, financial accounting, payment systems and/or post-trade system industry.
Knowledge of and enthusiasm about the cryptocurrency/blockchain space.
AlphaPoint is a financial technology company that powers digital asset networks and provides institutions blockchain-enabled solutions to store, track, and trade digital assets. Its secure, scalable, and customizable platform enables customers to deploy blockchain technology to innovate, differentiate, and transform their businesses. AlphaPoint powers digital asset exchanges on 5 continents, and is led by a seasoned team with 400+ combined years in financial technology. AlphaPoint has offices in New York City, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
The Company reserves the right to modify the duties and responsibilities associated with this position at any time, at its discretion.