Dash — Digital Cash without a bank.
At Dash, our Goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. Digital Cash a better way to exchange money through instant, secure, private, and inexpensive transactions. The Digital Cash ecosystem provides financial opportunities to the unbanked and banked alike.
Come help us create the future of finance and change the world! You will create new open source products in Agile environment that offer the best user experience possible while helping to grow our ecosystem. We value personal initiative and want you to be constantly improving, along with our platform. You'll find a rewarding place on our team, be a valued member to the organization, and deliver cutting-edge products that impact people's lives.
The Remote Node.js Software Engineer role is to develop and maintain the Dash Drive component of the Dash Evolution platform. Dash Drive is p2p document-oriented storage with data verification by blockchain. This is an opportunity to work with the most innovative cryptocurrency team and help redefine the way digital currencies function.
- Contribute to the open source development of Dash Drive component of the Evolution platform
- Contribute to the redesign and refactoring of the existing Drive/Evolution codebase both to support the Evolution architecture and for enhanced maintainability
- Fix bugs and maintain the Dash code base
- Participation in the testing and deployment of new releases
- Work collaboratively in a Agile team environment to reach ideal outcomes and solutions
- Apply creative solutions to eliminate limitations of cryptocurrency and provide improved user experiences
- 4+ years experience in back-end development with at least last 2 years developing in Node.JS
- Experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant, gracefully degrading micro-service architecture
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles and "12Factor" methodology
- Experience delivering high quality code using integration and unit tests
- Strong experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (especially MongoDB)
- Must be competent with Git and Github (including rebasing, resolving merge conflicts)
- Passion for cryptocurrency and bringing this world-changing technology to the masses
- Ability to work remotely and deliver without constant supervision
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Knowledge and experience of blockchain technologies, especially within the field of cryptocurrency (strongly desired)
- Experience with open-source and
- Knowledge or practical experience in peer-to-peer technologies
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field (e.g., EE, physics, mathematics)
- Experience with Docker, including building images for microservices and managing those images thru a registry such as Docker Hub or AWS ECR
- Experience in working with Agile Methodology
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (we use Travis-CI)
- Strong preference will be given to those candidates who provide evidence of their knowledge/ability via pull requests to any of our official Github repositories located at https://github.com/dashpay/ and https://github.com/dashevo/
Location and compensation:
- Location can be anywhere, we work by remote
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience
Please apply directly using this link, or via blocktribe. https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/dashorg/view/P_AAAAAADAAADKUYOW4A5b8b?trackingTag=blocktribe