Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
Weâ€™ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, weâ€™re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, weâ€™re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
At Circle, weâ€™re building for a crypto-enabled future. With our suite of products, you can invest in crypto even if youâ€™ve never invested in crypto, trade on one of the worldâ€™s most active exchanges, and send money as easily as a text. We plan to grow these products to further the seamless sharing and movement of all types of value.
As the Vice President of Product Management, you will work closely with our SVP, Head of Product to deliver delightful experiences to our suite of users.
What you'll work on
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customer through analyzing user behaviors, speaking to customers regularly, and participating in user research
- Build relationships with partners and stakeholders across the business and collaborate with Operations, Marketing, Growth, Compliance, Legal, Finance, amongst others on high impact initiatives
- Lead a team of product managers across a portfolio of financial products and services. Support their product roadmap and prioritization work, facilitating relationships with other functions in the business and removing blockers
- Become a domain expert and form product hypotheses to test impact through experiments
- Use insights and feedback to prioritize new features and projects
- Prepare customer-facing teams to support new workflows and product launches
- Help product managers grow in their own career paths, mentoring and developing them as they lead their own product roadmaps
- Lead a team of product managers in monitoring the performance of a portfolio of products and systems and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Conduct analysis with use cases, competitive industry trends and plan product feature iterations
- Specify product requirements in the form of functional requirements, user stories
- Work alongside world-class designers and engineers to implement the requirements
What you'll bring to Circle
- You have 10+ years of experience guiding the development of software alongside engineering teams â€" defining product requirements and long-term roadmap plans
- Experience coaching team members in leading the development of great consumer products.
- You're highly analytical and comfortable digging into large datasets if need be
- You are a big-picture thinker who can easily weave use cases into a coherent product vision and translate into distinct pieces of engineering work
- You are a compelling storyteller, adept at balancing anecdotes and insights with data in making decisions.
- You have proven ability as a strong communicator who is used to interfacing with operational teams, designers, and developers
- You're a self-starter â€" you don't need to work from a script and love to play in whitespace.
- You're detail-oriented and fast-moving when it comes to putting plans into motion
- You're technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Bonus for fintech and crypto experience
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. Weâ€™re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.