Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
Weâ€™ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, weâ€™re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, weâ€™re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
As VP of Corporate Development, youâ€™ll lead Circleâ€™s growth through M&A practice, including a deep understanding of the crypto ecosystem. Youâ€™ll drive the research, company evaluation, sourcing, due diligence, financial modeling, valuation analyst and deal structuring and execution to support Circleâ€™s growth.
What you'll work on
- Accelerate Circleâ€™s growth through leading disciplined corporate development and deal execution
- Define framework for how Circle evaluates acquisitions, investments, and other resource allocation decisions
- Collaborate cross functionally to evaluate how corporate development can execute business goals and strategies
- Partner with leadership to drive the success of Circleâ€™s M&A strategy by combining deep knowledge and understanding of Circleâ€™s business and the cryptocurrency ecosystem to help guide strategy
- Research industry participants and competitive landscape, conduct in-depth company evaluations to uncover risks and opportunities, and investigate industry trends
- Evaluate target companies for financial, operational and strategic fit and the impact of the potential transaction on business strategy
- Lead cross-functional deal teams consisting of members of various business leads, finance, legal, people, engineering etc. to ensure the timely completion of valuations, diligence and integration planning
- Drive business and economic standards, return on investment, advising leadership, investors and the Board of Directors on deal financial risks and return, making financial recommendations and efficiently executing the transactions
- Execute all aspects of strategic acquisitions from inception through due diligence, valuation, negotiation, closing, and integration
- Coordinate internal approval and communication processes for completion of a transaction
What you'll bring to Circle
- 10+ years of finance experience in the technology sector, including 5+ years experience in M&A, investment banking, private equity or strategy consulting
- Experience running due diligence on acquisitions, drafting and evaluating term sheets, purchase agreements, financial statements and other relevant materials
- Results oriented, ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives and build organizational capability
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present to senior management and other internal clients
- Comfortable working under pressure and able to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Problem solver with the ability to overcome roadblocks and other obstacles to proactively pursue and close complex deals
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. Weâ€™re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.