Back To All Jobs Privacy Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a top tier target on the internet. Security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. If you're looking to fight on the front lines in a high-intensity environment, we'd like to speak with you about joining our security team.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented.
- Collaborate with product development teams creating new uses of data to assess data use and employ privacy features.
- Assist with data subject privacy rights requests; designing services to assist with response and assessing improvements to architecture.
- Advise on enterprise data architecture.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements to mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections, and advise on when each solution is appropriate.
- Collaborate with risk team to perform regular privacy assessments of products and operational processes, and identify and mitigate those risks across the company.
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to privacy product manager and key stakeholders.
- Build relationships with a broad set of internal Coinbase employees to drive positive privacy outcomes throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Act as key interface to data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization.
- Outstanding written and spoken communications skills
- Experience or understanding of software applications design tools and languages
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals.
- Data literacy: finding and managing data, cleansing data, manipulating data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study
- Strong software development skills
- Prior experience in privacy/data protection or a graduate degree or concentration in privacy engineering