A Leading SF exchange is seeking a Director of Engineering to join a growing company in San FranciscoThe role:
You will be working with a team that will have a profound impact at the crossroads of blockchain and capital markets infrastructure. Building world-class disruptive technologies require vision, persistence, innovation, and a deep belief that nothing is impossible. We are looking for smart people who are not risk adverse and want to build something that will be universally recognized as a world first. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that foster continuous improvement on a daily basis, offering transparency, ownership and integrity.Day to Day includes:
- Direct a team of 8-12 blockchain developers
- Work closely with company leadership to define roadmap and extend an existing custom blockchain implementation in Java.
- Write high caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy time-sensitive production product development as well as R&D projects.
- Collaborate with CTO, blockchain engineers and math wizards and undertake R&D projects to create novel hybrid solutions to solve problems while maintaining extreme performance requirements without trading off guarantees blockchain provides.
- Help develop blockchain product specs.
- Collaboratively define blockchain systems architecture and best practices.
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem-solving.
What You Get
- At least 5 years of hands-on professional experience in core Java.
- Hands-on experience with developing on at least one backend blockchain codebase, whether proprietary (e.g., Chain) or open source (e.g., Hyperledger, Corda) -- not just building apps on top.
- Strong understanding of the cryptographic principles and data dependencies underpinning blockchain technologies.
- Experience and understanding of major consensus protocols, asymmetric encryption, Merkle trees, hash functions, key-value database
- Experience and understanding of transaction scripting and smart contracts, especially Bitcoin style conditionalized transactions
- Understanding of key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding, lightning, and other scaling methodologies
- Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in collaborative, agile environment and excitement to lear
- The excitement and fulfilment of solving the biggest problems in the largest markets for top global clients using real blockchain technology
- Very competitive salary and equity in a well-funded and high growth startup backed by prominent investors
- Substantial career opportunities and upside to match your passion for what we do
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- 7 ways to deliver caffeine to your bloodstream
- Relaxed company culture
- SF preferred, remote considered