Back To All Jobs Managing Director, Coinbase Institutional Coverage
New York, NY
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone and are guided by two key principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
GDAX plays a critical role in achieving that vision. As public blockchains create an open financial system for the world, sophisticated traders will need a place to discover, access, and exchange digital assets. We are focused on building the most trusted and secure digital asset exchange for institutions and professional traders. These traders will bring important liquidity to the industry, providing improved price stability and enabling more people to participate in an open financial system.
We are looking for someone who will take charge and work in a cross functional environment as it relates to legal, compliance, support, market operations, and professional service. This role puts you at the forefront of introducing disruption technologies to a global client base. Responsibilities
- Build and lead a cross-functional team that provides sales, trading, research, client services, market operations, and professional services to a global institutional investor client base.
- Set and achieve quarterly goals that measure the satisfaction of clients, health of the business, and happiness of the team.
- Represent Coinbase to institutional investors, financial service firms, U.S. regulators, and the cryptocurrency community.
- Develop and manage client relationships by offering a comprehensive suite of coverage services that meet the needs of institutional investors.
- Partner with Engineering to incorporate client feedback into the product development process.
- Work closely with leaders in functions such as legal, compliance, support, operations, and risk to operate a trusted and reliable business.
What to send: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 15+ years serving institutional clients in multiple functions such as sales, trading, research, client services, prime brokerage, and general management.
- Leadership experience at a registered Broker/Dealer, including Series 7, 24, and 63 FINRA licenses.
- Series 16 or 87 FINRA license also required.
- Ability to introduce disruptive, new technologies to a global client base.
- Experience leading teams through various environments, including hyper-growth and dynamic market conditions.
- Experience working across one or more asset classes such as equities, FX, commodities, and equity derivatives.
- Strong relationship development, strategic analysis, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a demonstrated passion for the cryptocurrency market.