Back To All Jobs Senior Frontend Engineer - Identity
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Identity Team plays a critical role in executing on that vision-our mission is to swiftly and accurately answer the questions "who is this customer?" (i.e. authentication) and "is this customer who they say they are?" (i.e. verification). We pursue hard engineering problems like secure user authentication, ID document verification and biometric identity verification, with a focus on building a secure and frictionless user experience.
This is where you come in-you'll work closely with design, product, compliance, fraud, security, customer success, and mobile teams to build the Identity frontend that will help onboard our next 100 million customers to Coinbase.com. If you're excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
A little about our team: we're a full-stack team with experts in frontend, backend and product and we take efficient execution to heart. We are a small team and you will have a lot of ownership over the product and a substantial impact on our success! We are thoughtful about code quality, testing and architecture, we push code to production confidently multiple times a day and have great monitoring, alerting and debugging tools for production. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our Identity frontend (e.g. authentication, two-factor setup, identity verification)
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable
- Build, test and ship new user-facing Identity experiences in modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack.
- Turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers and senior leadership.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- You're familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You've worked with production scale React apps.
- You've worked on frontend teams in the finance or security space.
- You've worked on mobile apps (iOS/Android) or worked closely with mobile engineers.