Back To All Jobs Engineering Manager - Risk
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Coinbase risk team is critical to executing on both principles. We're focused on making sure our platform continues to be free of bad actors that can hurt our customers. We tackle hard engineering problems to make sure the protections we build are seamless and have low impact on our customer experience.
This is where you come in - you'll manage the team of engineers who are building the risk and fraud systems that are critical to keeping our fraud rate low and our business trusted. You'll support this team in doing their best work, help your direct reports grow into the best version of themselves, and coordinate with the rest of the organization to ensure we're leading with clear communication and efficient execution .
A little about our organization: we're a cross-functional product organization with experts in engineering, risk, and customer experience. We care deeply about our tools - we have continuous integration with multiple daily deploys and are working on decomposing our rails API backend into smaller, encapsulated services. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with our Head of Risk and risk analysts to build high-quality fraud detection and prevention systems
- Coach your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent architectural decisions
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- You have at least 2 years of engineering management experience
- You have experience building consumer fraud prevention systems
- You know what high quality code - and software engineering processes - look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You've built financial, high reliability or security systems
- You've scaled applications to millions of users