The person who fills this position will be responsible for fulfilling customer requests for multiple iSeries customers in a timely manner as they pertain to operating system, backups, monitoring/automation and will provide primary support for reported problems related to both IBM and ISV software products.
- Fulfill customer requests for iSeries customers in a timely manner as they pertain to operating system, backups, monitoring/automation
- Provide primary support for reported problems related to both IBM and ISV software products.
- Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis
- Follow procedures for installing software products efficiently and according to Wipro/Infocrossing best practices (for productivity/scalability purposes)
- Upgrade operating systems (approximately once per year) per client requests
- Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions)
- Assist the assigned project manager (from the PMO Program Management Office) in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
- In joint cooperation with the Manager of Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer s disaster recovery plans.
- Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages Wipro/Infocrossing s resources and allows timely implementations.
- Follow change control procedures for all of the following for all upgrades or changes to customer environments
- Bachelor s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- 6 years experience on the iSeries platform including hands on technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to OS400, TCP/IP, FTPs
- Thorough working knowledge of BRMS and tape library operations, and iTera/Mimix high availability products
- Knowledge of iSeries hardware (including HMCs, Ethernet and SAN)
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of iSeries work management concepts and configuration.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently. Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
Roles & Responsibilities:
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 YEARS
Mandatory Skills: AS400 Admin Mainframe Installation, Infra Trouble shooting and Operations, Mainframe System services support, Mainframe Admin, Mainframe Administration
Desirable Skills: Iseries Admin
Language Skills: English Language