Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
As a Risk Engineer at Circle, you're part of the team creating the rules engine framework and productizing machine learning models to build a world-class real-time automated risk evaluation system. We work across Data Science, Product, Platform and Compliance to manage risk exposure while delivering the best possible experience to our customers.
What you'll work on
- A small productive team in an agile environment, gaining real-world experience building and deploying secure, production-scale services for consumer facing products
- New, efficient ways to write pre-optimization algorithms for loading data science models that predict future decisions
- Develop a rules engine framework that allows Risk Analysts and compliance to monitor and control transactions en masse in real time
- Integrate with third party vendors in a resilient fail-safe environment to enhance or supplement decision making
- Calculate or pre-calculate various derived features in a scalable near-real time fashion
- Design, develop, peer review and test a wide range of components including REST APIs, statistical modeling methods, machine learning algorithms, message queues and asynchronous processes, SQL and NoSQL data models
- Work closely with our Data Science, Product and Platform teams to manage risk exposure and perform fraud analysis and prevention while delivering the best possible customer experience
- Work closely with DevOps to deploy platform features to production
What you'll bring to Circle
- 4+ years professional Java experience, including strong relational/transactional SQL experience
- Deployed production quality Software as a Service
- Algorithm development and optimization guru
- Clear communication skills
- Broad and diverse background (the broader the better)
- Financial/Risk domain specific knowledge definitely not required
Nice to have
- Linux Shell scripting experience
- Machine learning algorithms experience
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.