Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
Circle is looking for a DevSecOps Engineer to help keep our Circle Pay platform secure. It is a hands-on role that requires a high degree of technical security expertise within the AWS ecosystem. The person is responsible for security related tasks as well as contributing to overall site reliability. Primary responsibilities include implementing security features and monitoring tools, performing periodic security assessments, making practical recommendations to reduce risks, and then helping realize the change. Candidates must be experienced in the prevention and remediation of security vulnerabilities for a consumer-facing application running on AWS.
What you'll work on
- Collaborate to create security focused tools and frameworks in Python
- Investigate and resolve security violations by providing postmortem analysis to illuminate the issue, and identify causes, possible solutions, and preventative measures
- Create security focused dashboards in Splunk and Kibana to provide high value insights
- Work with the Circle Security team to mature and maintain security procedure and tools
- Work with the Circle Compliance team during audits and examinations
- Pitch in with other Site Reliability Engineers on the Operations team when necessary to help build and deploy AWS solutions
What you'll bring to Circle
- A strong security background with at least two year's experience in a hands-on information security role, ideally on an IaaS platform
- Able to identify and code algorithms for spotting suspicious activity in system and application logs
- Experience using AWS security monitoring technologies CloudTrail, CloudWatch and Kinesis Analytics
- Deep understanding of networking (VLAN's, Routers, VPNs, DNS)
- Experience with IDS/IPS systems like Snort or Suricata
- Experience using WAF tools like AWS Shield/WAF or Cloudflare
- Hands on experience mitigating DDOS attacks
- Experience with PKI and PGP
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as PCI or SOX
- Experience with databases such as Postgres, Redshift or MySQL
- Prior exposure to modern CI/CD pipelines
- Experience running blockchain nodes on networks such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or Monero
- Open-source project contributions
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.