Back To All Jobs Software Engineer - Toshi (Solidity)
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Toshi is a mobile wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. We want Toshi to be the way people interface with the open financial system, on a daily basis. We see a world where Toshi users can earn income and send it to anyone, anywhere, at a low fee, and have access to financial services, no matter where they are or what their economic background is. Most importantly, we're creating a platform on top of which the next generation of entrepreneurs will build tomorrow's technology businesses.
As a software engineer for Solidity, you will build and maintain the smart contracts for Toshi's product offerings. Toshi lets our users manage cryptographic identities, securely store digital assets, and interface with decentralized applications. You'll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need, and work cross functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to ship new features. If you're passionate about cryptocurrency, the decentralized web, hard engineering problems, and building great user experiences, we should talk.
A little about our team: We take continuous learning to heart - every day in our world brings new ideas and opportunities. We take personal ownership of our mission and truly believe we will deliver on it. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Design improvements to our existing product by thinking from first principles and focusing on our customer's needs.
- Turn design ideas into features that scale to millions of users by working closely with engineers on both mobile, Toshi Core/backend, and web teams.
- Collaborate with senior engineering leaders to chart a long term vision for maintaining and scaling the Toshi's web services.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 3 years of experience in developing production-scale applications and working within a team environment.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in developing Ethereum smart contracts with Solidity.
- You're familiar with inner workings of Ethereum and other decentralized protocols.
- You're familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers.
- You write high quality code with unit and automated tests.
- You're comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
What to Send
- You have worked on apps with a focus on finance, security, or user experience.
- You have worked on web 3 frontends.
- You have experience in auditing smart contracts.
- You've worked closely with front end engineers.
- You have experience in cryptography.
- You are familiar with blockchain-scalability technologies like state channels and plasma.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- CV, LinkedIn Profile and GitHub profile