Back To All Jobs Software Engineer - Toshi (Core/Backend)
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Toshi is a mobile wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. We want Toshi to be the way people interface with the open financial system, on a daily basis. We see a world where Toshi users can earn income and send it to anyone, anywhere, at a low fee, and have access to financial services, no matter where they are or what their economic background is. Most importantly, we're creating a platform on top of which the next generation of entrepreneurs will build tomorrow's technology businesses.
As a software engineer for Toshi Core and Backend, you will build underlying shared core libraries that enable Toshi app to manage users' cryptographic identities, securely store digital assets, and interface with decentralized applications. You'll also work with our security and risk engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect user accounts, without compromising on the user experience. If you're excited by the problem spaces of designing secure and performant services, delivering a great user experience, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
A little about our team: We take continuous learning to heart - every day in our world brings new ideas and opportunities. We take personal ownership of our mission and truly believe we will deliver on it. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a library that provide a set of core services common to Toshi's different product offerings.
- Implement and maintain support for latest Web 3 standards and protocol upgrades.
- Collaborate with senior engineering leaders to chart a long term vision for maintaining and scaling Toshi's backend systems.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 3 years of experience in software engineering.
- You've designed, built, scaled, and maintained production services.
- You are passionate about learning the intricacies of decentralized protocols.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
What to Send
- You have experience in building apps that interact with the Ethereum blockchain.
- You've worked with production-scale apps in TypeScript/Node.
- You've built systems with financial or security constraints.
- You've worked closely with mobile engineers.
- You have experience in basic cryptography.
- You have worked with the Signal chat protocol.
- You are familiar with terms like gas limit, BIP39, EIP155, ERC20, and ERC721.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- CV, LinkedIn Profile and GitHub profile