Back To All Jobs Senior Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, get in on the ground floor at a company that's not just the world's most trusted way to buy and sell crypto assets, but has bigger plans to revolutionize finance and technology. You'll help set the marketing strategy, initiate and execute global launches, produce persuasive and beautiful creative, all while managing internal and external resources. We're building a world-class marketing team and want thoughtful, curious, hardworking, and humble teammates. Responsibilities:
- Launch products & features. At this early stage in the company, you'll help set the vision and strategy for product development by researching our customer needs, painting a compelling product vision, and bringing products to market.
- Take our positioning and messaging to the next level. Coinbase is moving really fast. Crypto is constantly evolving. And we've only scratched the surface in terms of what's possible. You'll work with to continuously push our positioning and messaging further.
- Complex, cross-functional project management. It takes a village to launch a product, and it takes a true owner to be able to see a project through from conception to launch. You need to be part-visionary, part-diplomat, part-manager, and part-communicator.
- Manage agencies. Agencies are leverage for us, and infuse new thinking and creativity. But they need to be closely managed in order for the relationships to be effective and cost-conscious. You should be strategic with how you manage agencies, and comfortable playing bad cop when necessary.
- Be able to take initiative amidst a chaotic and ambiguous environment.
What to send:
- Capacity to own your projects end-to-end. This is a fast-paced environment in which employees need to completely own (and initiate) projects, push them to completion, make tough decisions using a combination of data and intuition, and be a CMO for what you work on.
- Passion for storytelling. Brands are stories. We need someone who can write - everything from website copy to blog posts announcing new features / products to simple, quick tweets. Writing can always be better - you should be ready and willing to relentlessly iterate.
- Outstanding project management abilities. You should be comfortable fully owning a piece of work (say a product launch) from start to finish. You should be details-oriented while also getting the bigger picture. You should take ownership from day one.
- Curiosity and a creative mindset. This is marketing after all. You should bring enthusiasm and new ideas - each and every day. We want to reinvent product marketing for crypto. This requires a 0-to-1 mentality, not just copying what others have already done.
- Quantitative skills. We need someone who understands ROI, and is ready to help us grow awareness and drive revenue without busting the bottom line.
- 5-10 years of experience with launching products for fast-paced tech companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- LinkedIn Profile
- Resume (Optional but preferred)