Back To All Jobs Engineering Manager - Systems Infrastructure
San Francisco, Ca
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The infrastructure team plays a critical part in realizing that vision. We focus on leverage - building self-service infrastructure which acts as a force multiplier for engineers at Coinbase. We're the first line of defense when it comes to trust and security, and face novel problems building blockchain infrastructure in a highly secure environment. We work closely with engineering teams who need our support in domains like mobile, front-end, backend systems, security, data, machine learning and IT.
As manager of the systems infrastructure team, you will be responsible for growing a team that builds the foundational pieces of our infrastructure. Your team will own everything from service discovery to blockchain node management to the base operating system for our containers. You will be responsible for articulating a clear vision of where systems infrastructure at Coinbase needs to go in the next 2 years, and breaking this down into clear deliverables for the team. Responsibilities
- Work with the talent team to hire great engineering talent.
- Coach engineers on your team and help them find fulfilling growth paths.
- Create a positive energy work environment where engineers can do their best work.
- Collaborate with engineers and leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
Nice to Haves
- You're a strong written and oral communicator.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in building and shipping high quality software.
- You have at least 2 years of experience building cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- You have experience attracting and developing great talent on your team.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You've worked in high security, financial environments