Our client, a rapidly growing international FinTech company, that is creating an open exchange for borrowing and lending digital currencies and assets, is seek a Backend Software Engineer based in Gibraltar. As the Backend Software Engineer you will be responsible for working on server side services including the order book for borrowing and lending, the order matching engine, interaction with blockchain smart contracts, trade settlement and post trade lifecycle.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity for a talented and proactive software engineer who is truly interested in disrupting an industry to develop their career within an entrepreneurial company that possesses a culture promoting values of teamwork and innovation.
• You will be responsible for maintaining and developing a service-oriented backend.
• You’ll be required to analyse and identify bottlenecks in performance.
• Designing secure, stable and robust architecture will be essential to your success in this role.
• You’ll collaborate with frontend engineers to add support for API functions and user interfaces.
• Working alongside smart contract engineers to integrate the interaction with blockchains will be a key requirement of the role.
• You’ll be required to collaborate with platform engineers in order to successfully deploy services into the cloud.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• You possess proven experience as a backend engineer, preferably supported by a Degree / Master / PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, with demonstrable success in software development.
• You have experience with, or a strong interest in, blockchain technology.
• You have demonstrable experience of Distributed and asynchronous programming, as well as working with Data Structures and Algorithms.
• You possess strong Python, C or C++ skills and preferably knowledge of Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Node.js, Docker, AWS, HTTPS and Websockets
• You’re able to work and deliver independently, and as part of a high performing team, with equal success.
• You possess excellent communication skills with the ability to work alongside various business stakeholders.
• Curiosity, drive, enthusiasm and a willingness to accept and overcome challenges are all personal attributes that you have in abundance.