Our client, a rapidly growing international FinTech company, that is creating the first open exchange for borrowing and lending digital currencies and assets, is seeking a Lead Platform Engineer based in Gibraltar. As the Lead Platform Engineer you will be working alongside the CTO with a focus on designing and maintaining the Kubernetes cluster serving the platform, which is a distributed system for lending and borrowing digital assets that includes native applications, Restful API’s and ethereum blockchain integration.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity for a talented and passionate Engineer to long term develop their career into a team lead position within an entrepreneurial company that possesses a culture promoting values of teamwork and innovation.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• You possess proven experience in building high performance, scalable and resilient infrastructure and solutions.
• You have demonstrable experience of engineering within a distributed systems platform, successfully delivering continuous integration and deployment (Jenkins – AWS CodePipeline)
• Kubernetes cluster management, Database management (PostgreSQL) Cache and data stores (Redis MongoDB) and Cloud platforms (AWS or GCP) are all areas of expertise for you.
• You possess a strong understanding of network and web security best practice.
• Experience with Microservices, Restful API’s and Kafka as well as one or more of Python, Node, Rust and C/C++ would be advantageous.
• You possess a strong interest in blockchain technology and opensource.
• Experience working in an agile environment, preferably including scrum master experience, alongside excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully work alongside multiple business stakeholders with be key to your success.