Our client, a rapidly growing international FinTech company, that is creating an open exchange for borrowing and lending digital currencies and assets, is seeking a Chief Operating Officer based in Gibraltar. As the Chief Operating Officer you will oversee the business’s ongoing operations, supporting the CEO in the effective operation of the business and providing leadership for the efficient operational running of all departments.
You will be a key member of the management team, bringing strong appreciation of operational management at a senior level as well as a flair for organisational design and development. The role will require excellent relationship management and people development skills alongside the development of an effective and sustainable operating model that is fit-for-purpose for a fast growing firm, ensuring it is able to sustain innovation, quality, productivity and operational performance through a framework of effective governance.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced COO, or C-suite equivalent, to successfully deliver within a position that is critical to the future direction of an entrepreneurial FinTech company that is truly innovating within the digital asset economy.
• You will be responsible for designing and implementing an effective operating model for the business.
• Successfully coordinating the development of the annual business plan and budgeting and agreeing and setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth will be a key deliverable.
• You’ll oversee the development and maintenance of operational procedures and effective internal controls.
• Establishing policies that promote the business culture and vision, and leading employees in a manner that encourages excellent performance and engenders dedication will be key to your success in this role.
• You will oversee the daily operations of the company and the effective running of all departments.
• You’ll be responsible for monitoring and evaluating performance by establishing, tracking and interpreting data and metrics.
• Writing and submitting reports to the CEO in all matters of importance and assisting the CEO in internal and external stakeholder management will be required on an ongoing basis.
• You will coordinate corporate development activities such as investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.
• Successful management of relationships with partners and vendors will be continuously required.
• You will coordinate major change projects and oversee all significant change activities.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• You possess proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or equivalent relevant C-Suite role, with demonstrable understanding of business functions including, but not limited to, HR, Finance, Marketing.
• You have a successful track record in strategic planning and business development.
• You possess experience in data analysis, performance management and key operational metrics.
• You have an aptitude for decision-making and problem-solving, alongside outstanding organisational and leadership abilities.
• You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which allow you to successfully build and maintain relationships, negotiate and public speak.
• You have working knowledge of the key IT / Business infrastructure tools of a business operating in the digital asset and distributed ledger technology sector.