Our client, a Gibraltar based FinTech start-up, with an innovative and exciting new crypto-currency product offering, is looking for a Compliance, Risk and Data Protection Officer. As Compliance, Risk and Data Protection Officer, reporting into the Director of Compliance, you'll be responsible for managing compliance and risk across a range of business areas.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a Risk or Compliance professional to join a growing start-up company within a disruptive new industry and to develop their career within a widely varied role.
• You will ensure that all internal processes and procedures are adequately documented to ensure business activities remain compliant with all applicable policies, laws and regulations at all times.
• You will ensure that the organisation processes the personal data of its staff, customers, providers or any other individuals in compliance with the applicable data protection rules.
• You will create and maintain compliance and data protection policies and procedures.
• You will be responsible for the successful monitoring of compliance and requirements regarding data protection impact assessments and ensuring that risks are mitigated.
• You will prepare and maintain the records required to demonstrate data protection compliance with GDPR requirements.
• You will review and update organisation wide policies on an ongoing basis.
• You’ll be responsible for planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the business.
• You’ll perform ongoing risk assessment and evaluations, analysing risks as well as identifying, documenting and quantifying the current and future risks.
• You will valuate risk associated with customers and geographic locations, identifying areas with greater AML risk and assessing the level of risk mitigation in place.
• You will be required to work with a risk register, quantify the 'risk appetite' and provide appropriate risk reporting for a number of different stakeholders, including senior management.
• Ensuring that the business operates and maintains effective and robust KYC, AML and Data protection processes and procedures will be key to the success of this role.
• You will perform CDD/EDD of customer, investigate potentially suspicious activity, prepare risk-based SAR recommendation and reports.
• You’ll maintain a thorough understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal activities and developing trends.
• You will assist with the development of compliance training and protocols, providing guidance and training in business-wide compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulations applicable to the business and raising overall compliance and risk awareness within the business.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• You possess proven experience in an equivalent Compliance or Risk position, preferably within a highly regulated industry.
• Strong working knowledge of various areas of Compliance, Regulation and Risk including, but not limited to AML, POCA, Data Protection, KYC and Marketing Standards.
• You have excellent compliance and risk acumen, combined with the ability to understand broad business issues and manage risk with a commercial mind-set.
• You have the ability the review reports in an analytical manner.
• Knowledge of data privacy legislation including GDPR would be advantageous.
• Experience with transaction monitoring would be an advantage.
• Previous experience of dealing with regulators, statutory bodies or licensing bodies would be advantageous.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence both internal and external stakeholders.
• You possess excellent problem-solving, the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
• Proactive, results-driven, able to work on your own initiative and with strong attention to detail are all ways in which you would describe yourself.
• You are proficient in MS Office Tools and advance MS Excel in particular.
• You are driven, aspirational and possess a desire for career development and growth within a start-up environment.
• A passion and an interest in start-ups and or Fintech or technology driven businesses.