Back To All Jobs Corporate Development (MBA) Intern
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. With more than 20M customers and $150B in transaction volume, we are growing fast and trailblazing a whole new industry.
The Corporate Development team works with cross-functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, and execute and integrate mergers and acquisitions. The Corporate Development Intern is expected to assist the team with building industry relationships, lead strategic projects, and execute M&A. It is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with a major role in shaping the future of the company and the industry more broadly. Responsibilities
- Assess market and competitive dynamics to shape company strategy
- Partner with cross-functional executives to implement highest priority strategic initiatives
- Build relationships with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments
- Work with Corp Dev team to execute mergers and acquisitions end-to-end, including sourcing opportunities, conducting financial analyses, structuring and negotiating transactions, and integrating targets
- Currently enrolled and pursuing an MBA degree
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 2+ years of prior work in management consulting, corporate development, or investing
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially if focused on digital currency
- Experience negotiating and closing deals