Gem is one of the most trusted cryptocurrency and blockchain brands in the world. Our mission is to empower people to take control of their finances in a world driven by a token economy. With our new app arriving May 2018, Gem will change the way you look at and experience cryptocurrency. Gem's Product Design Intern will work closely with a close-knit team across Development, Marketing and Product. At Gem, one of our core values is Craft an Experience, which all starts with someone who is passionate about developing strategies based off of insights of real people, making sure that our products are both useful and delightful while also thinking about the Gem brand holistically across our brands' touchpoints.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Design Intern who is interested in mastering their craft and to turn insights into beautifully designed products and aspires to elevate the way our organization thinks about design by showing/prototyping what is possible. Most of all, your work will impact the way the world experiences this new economy.
What you'll do
- Work directly with the Creative Director to incorporate and elevate the Gem brand across all brand touchpoints including but not limited to: product, marketing collateral, social, communications and community
- Create new concepts and prototypes; knowing the balance of pixel-perfect attention to detail versus when to make low-fidelity sketches and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, and specifications
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, user flows, interaction models, and UI specifications to stakeholders
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis to explore the many different approaches to solving a specific user problem
- Work with front-end teams to create reusable design patterns for ease of integration and brand identity
What you'll need
- A portfolio to share with us of your previous projects
- Self-starter attitude - Gem is a company of 20 people so you will be a major part of the team!
- The commitment to act in the best interest of your users at all times
- Strong proficiency in data-driven design and human-centered design processes
- Experience in the implementation of atomic design principles and patterns
- Excellent research skills and experience conducting user behavior analysis and structured interviews and taking action based on those signals
- Keen comparative analysis abilities - you find applications of similar utility and are able to understand why they are structured in a certain way based on the goals of that application.
- Experience building out interactive design patterns for both customer focused and business applications.
- The ability to commute to our Venice Beach office at least 3 days a week
- Experience with Sketch and InVision
- In the "additional information" section of this application, include the price of Ethereum on June 10, 2017 in USD at any time of day, in order to be considered for this role
Nice to have
- Front-end coding experience
- Brand and Identity development
- Zeplin, Framer and other prototyping tools
Tenure: 12 weeks
Location: Venice, CA
Comp: Paid or Class Credit