Senior Software Engineer, Payments (Boston)
Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
We are passionate about building social payments experiences that our users (and friends) love. Circle’s engineering team enables us to do that at scale, supporting customers around the world, and processing millions of transactions across multiple currencies in a reliable, secure and fast way. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- As a key member of engineering, you will build and own highly scalable front-end and back-end services that are core to Circle’s consumer finance technology
- Be part of self-organizing agile teams, collaborating with product engineering and multiple other functions in Circle to design, develop, test and ship outstanding features for our customers
- Write and maintain a multitude of services to deliver phenomenal payment experiences, including data sources (SQL or NoSQL), messaging systems, APIs and integration components
- Collaborate with different external partners to connect their capabilities into Circle’s platform, ensuring the integration is built in a secure, reliable and scalable way
- You will take pride in writing high-quality and elegant solutions that can process millions of transactions in elastic environments, supporting Circle’s customers all over the world
Technologies we use and teach
- 5+ years of professional development experience in Java, REST, Postgres, Scalability, Integration, & Asynchronous Programming
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping quality software and constantly improving your work with little supervision
- Deployed production-quality, scalable software as a service
- Experienced with transactional SQL, NoSQL databases and message queues
- Experienced with asynchronous and synchronous programming techniques and architectures
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Desire to constantly learn new technologies and implement elegant, well-tested solutions
- You love to teach and learn from your colleagues
- Java, Dropwizard, Jetty, Jersey, Jackson
- Postgres, Redis, DynamoD
- BAWS lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.