Risk Operations Manager (Dublin)
Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
We’re looking for a leader to join Circle’s Risk org and manage the risk operations team. This position will manage the talented team responsible for investigating, detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering, account takeover, and other types of risk on our platform in order to reduce financial and reputational exposure overall.
The Risk Operations Manager has the ability to balance effectively managing risk level and customer friction with having a customer-first approach and sound decision-making skills. The qualified individual is a fraud / risk subject matter expert, experienced people manager and has the ability to drive team performance success. He/She is always looking to optimize and improve processes and procedures using data and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. What you'll be working on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Investigate, analyze and identify fraud patterns, risky behaviors, trends, vulnerabilities etc. and leverage data analysis to suggest appropriate solutions for mitigation.
- Investigate AML alerts and prepare Suspicious Activity Report filings.
- Manage and make independent decisions regarding day-to-day team work, queue prioritization, escalations, risk incidents, etc.
- Maintain weekly and monthly management reports of departmental activity volumes, drivers and key performance metrics; monitor and communicate overall status, key metrics and immediate concerns both to the team and management.
- Perform ongoing assessment of the results of risk monitoring rules to evaluate rule effectiveness and identify trends, work closely with Data Analysts to identify enhancements to reduce false positives and increase system catch rate.Oversee chargeback response process and win/loss reporting.
- Train, coach, monitor and develop team of Risk Analysts.
- 2+ years of management experience with demonstrated competency in leading and managing a team of risk analysts.
- Thorough understanding of fraud / risk / trust & safety / identity in financial services / payments / ecommerce industries.
- Knowledge of US and UK/European AML regulations; experience conducting AML investigations and applicable reporting is preferred.
- Experience with credit and debit card banking practices as related to customer disputes and credit card chargebacks.
- Data driven approach towards decision making and process optimization, and the skills and knowledge to conceptualize monitoring and reporting tools.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Demonstrable analytic, problem solving, and operational efficiency skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in Cryptocurrency, Social Payments or FinTech.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.