Head of Business Development and Partnerships (Boston)
Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces. What You'll Work On
What You'll Bring to Circle
- Become a subject matter expert in the cryptocurrency landscape and network with industry leaders and incumbents to strategically participate in the ecosystem as an industry leader
- Track and understand real-time changes occurring in the dynamic digital currency market
- Build strategic opportunities with partners in the crypto ecosystem to drive revenue and usage across our platforms (Pay, Invest, Poloniex, Trade)
- Seek out opportunities for market expansion, industry-driving, channel, marketing, and technical relationships
- Develop and build a quantitative measure for evaluation of partnerships that incorporates cross-functional input from legal, compliance, engineering, finance, product management, and marketing
- Work collaboratively with other relevant internal teams while assessing an opportunity’s viability and benefit for our platforms as well as cost-benefit of a technical integration with the partner, if relevant
- Represent Circle publicly to a full range of audiences: technical, business, and academic
- Support all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and product assessment, transaction structuring and negotiation
- A passion for cryptocurrencies and the role they play in global markets. You have an established network of crypto enthusiasts, thought leaders, and amidst the broader tech community
- 5+ years of relevant or analogous Business Development experience with technology companies
- Proven record in developing, analyzing, and modeling opportunities
- Excellent evangelism, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience crafting deals as well as an understanding of legal agreements
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organization skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Can-do attitude, with a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.