Compliance Officer, Poloniex (Boston, New York or San Francisco)
Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
*We are currently accepting applications for our Boston, New York and San Francisco locationsWhat you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes, including regional Directives and regulations, and implement relevant changes to the compliance manuals, policies and procedures for related exchange products and services
- Conduct risk assessments and establish appropriate risk-based controls
- Monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including AML/CTF, information security, consumer protection and privacy laws as they relate to both fiat and cryptocurrency
- Work with corporate compliance to ensure that local requirements are aligned with corporate standards
- Provide ongoing reporting to Compliance and senior management
- Manage government relations efforts with relevant regulatory agencies, law enforcement and trade associations
- Implement and oversee licence-related processes and reporting to regulators and other external third parties, such as auditors and banks
- Advise the business on all compliance-related matters, such as the regulatory implications of new and existing products, new market expansion,resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps, enhancements to the firm’s compliance framework and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate.
- Act as the central point of escalation and contact for all AML/financial crime matters including onboarding new and monitoring existing clients, partners, vendors including due diligence and suspicious activity reporting and detecting and deterring financial crime.
- Lead employee training and maintaining a culture of compliance
- 7+ years’ experience leading compliance programs for regulated financial services companies, preferably focused on payments, exchange or securities
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with regulators and dealing with government agencies and industry organizations.
- Specialized knowledge of blockchain and the cryptocurrency industry.
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Superior writing and communications skills
- CAMS certification
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.