AlphaPoint, a leading blockchain trading exchange platform, is looking for a motivated Database Engineer to lead the development of our growing platform. This role will be responsible for conducting extensive ETL/ELT for reporting, as well as SQL query and T-SQL performance tuning. This individual will also be accountable for managing basic data modeling, processing automation and instrumentation.
As a member of the database team, you will:
- Conduct extensive ETL/ELT for operational and analytical reporting using T-SQL, Azure Function Apps and Azure Data Factory.
- Perform SQL query and T-SQL stored procedure performance tuning.
- Report over geographically distributed (sharded/partitioned) databases.
- Conduct basic data modeling (relational and dimensional).
- Create process automation and instrumentation.
- Provide production support for 50+ customer databases.
- At least 5 years of experience working with scripting tools such as PowerShell.
- At least 2 years of experience in data modeling (Erwin, ER Studio, Toad Data Modeler).
- At least 5 years of experience working with MS SQL and T-SQL.
- At least 2 years of experience working Azure Cloud Platform.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Must be comfortable working as part of a remote team.
- Blockchain or cryptocurrency experience.
- At least 2 years of working specifically with MS SQL 2016 and Azure SQL DB.
- At least 1 year working with Azure Data Factory.
- At least 3 years utilizing SCM, particularly Git.
- Exposure to other cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and cloud SQL.
- Real time environment experience.
- Ideally have experience working for a SaaS provider.
AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It provides institutions enterprise-grade blockchain technology enabling customers to digitize assets, launch markets, and manage assets. AlphaPoint is led by a seasoned team with over 400 years in capital markets and FinTech, with offices in New York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.alphapoint.com .
The Company reserves the right to modify the duties and responsibilities associated with this position at any time, at its discretion.